Ultra-Sil Pack Cover
Ultralight cover protects pack from the weather
*RECOMMENDATION: If you stow any gear externally on your pack, we would recommend buying a Pack Cover a size larger than normal.
The Ultra-Sil Pack Cover ends the debate about whether you should carry one or not. It's a tiny and compelling solution and the medium size weighs less than four ounces. Plus it packs into its own small stuff sack - why wouldn't you carry one?
- Made of 30D Ultra-Sil™ fabric constructed from CORDURA® yarns for durable, waterproof performance.
- This pack cover does not use seam construction to ensure that it is completely waterproof
- Packaged in its own mini siliconized Nylon stuff sack that remains attached to the cover so it can't get lost
- Keeper strap (sizes S-L) pulls the pack cover tight across the pack harness
- Sold in four sizes to fit daypacks up to large backpacks
- X-Small: Fits a 15 to 30-liter pack
- Small: Fits a 30 to 50-liter pack
- Medium: Fits a 50 to 70-liter pack
- Large: Fits a 70 to 95-liter pack
- BEST USE Ultralight Backpacking
- MATERIAL(S)30 denier Ultra-Sil™ nylon
- WATERPROOF Yes
|PACKED SIZE||4 x 2.5 in||4.25 x 2.75 in||4.25 x 3 in||4.75 x 3 in|
|WEIGHT||2 oz||3 oz||4 oz||4.6 oz|
Aren't most backpacks waterproof without a cover?
No. Water will enter through seams and zippers (especially in really wet parts of the world)
Why choose the Ultra-Sil Pack Cover over the Nylon version?
The Ultra-Sil Pack cover is slightly lighter and has a smaller packed volume - it is more suitable for weight-conscious backpackers
Will a pack cover make my pack completely waterproof?
In most cases, waterproof enough - wind-driven rain can still enter through the space between your back and the harness