Warranty & Repair Policy:
ASOLO® Footwear is warranted against defect in workmanship and materials for two years from the date of purchase. Only original Asolo® materials and workmanship are covered under Warranty. The warranty is non-transferable. Proof of purchase is required in order to protect Asolo® from counterfeit products. Retail sales of “as-is” merchandise on auction websites and "close-out sales" are also not covered. This includes Sierra Trading Post, EBay, and used gear from authorized retailers. Purchases made from unauthorized Asolo dealers will not be covered under this warranty. If you feel your Asolo® Footwear may have a quality defect, bring them together with your receipt to the Asolo® retailer where they were purchased. Returning it to your Asolo® dealer is recommended since many retailers have their own customer satisfaction policies.
Asolo® products that are submitted to Asolo® will be inspected to verify that there is a warrantied defect. Based on the evaluation Asolo® has the option to replace or repair the product if the defect is covered under the warranty. Damages due to normal wear and tear are not covered under the warranty and the owner will be given the option of having the footwear repaired at their expense. Incorrect fitting of the footwear is also not covered under the warranty. The warranty will not cover outside influences such as cuts, stretching and damage from heating devices, normal wear and tear and use for other than what the footwear was intended.
Limitations on Warranty:
The warranty on your Asolo footwear is limited to the warranty set forth above. Such warranty does not apply to ordinary wear and tear or to damage resulting from abuse, negligence, improper repairs, inadequate fit, alterations, modifications, hydrolysis (see definition of hydrolysis below) or if your Asolo footwear are used other than in the manner intended. Products with labels removed void any warranty. There are no other warranties that extend beyond the description on the face hereof.
EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, ASOLO HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Mountaineering, hiking, rock climbing, gym climbing and other similar activities for which you may choose to use Asolo footwear involve risk of serious injury. Asolo shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential losses or damages or personal injury in connection with the use of Asolo footwear. Asolo strongly recommends checking all of your outdoor gear before use. Some states do now allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Examples of what are not covered by warranty, but are not limited to the following:
- Product with worn stitching and worn soles due to normal wear
- Damage that is a result from misuse
- Product bought, from 3rd party marketplaces such as but not limited to Amazon or eBay or any other reseller not found on the ASOLO USA dealer locator or retail database.
- Broken lace hooks are also not covered under our warranty
- Laces are also not covered under warranty
- Rubber toe caps protect the toe and upper from scratches. Cracking of the toe cap does not compromise functionality.
- Product past the normal two year warranty period
- Improper fit and comfort issues
- Product in which the boots has dried out and begun to disintegrate or change shape over a long period of time
- Product in which soles have fallen off from not being worn and stored for long periods of time
- Items acquired from Asolo from previous warranty claims
- Footwear that are not worn for their intended use
Hydrolysis - Boot sole separation
Sole units will degrade when your footwear is used only occasionally and is stored for long periods of time. This is not a warrantable issue. Sole units degrade faster than if the footwear is worn regularly. Hydrolysis is a normal material aging process that occurs in all footwear with a cushioned PU midsole independent of the manufacturer. The process also occurs in automobile, tires, ski boots or helmets and does not represent lower quality or even a quality issue in materials or workmanship.