Sarek Splitting Axe
This is a solid splitting axe, intended for heavier duties such as splitting logs and wood.
Solid Swedish Steel & American Hickory
Weight (lbs) 4.5
Head Weight (lbs) 3.5
Length with Handle 30″
The Sarek Splitting Axe is named after the Sarek National Park which is located in Jokkmokk Municipality, Lapland in northern Sweden. Established in 1909, the park is one of the oldest national parks in Europe.
The design’s secret is a hundred-year-old Swedish splitting pattern with small cheeks and a straight blade that cuts deeply into the wood. A metal spine runs along the cheeks of the axe that reduces friction while providing wedging action to break wood open. The 3.5-lb. axe head is meticulously finished and expertly balanced with a straight 30-inch American hickory handle. The cutting edge is approximately 2.75-inches in length. Note: all Hults Bruk axes are hand forged, so there may be slight variations from axe to axe.
- The axe head is hand forged at the historic Hults Bruk, a forge that has been in operation since 1697.
- Each axe is made from high-quality Swedish axe steel, expertly tempered to hold a very sharp edge even after repeated sharpening.
- Blackened, hand-finished, razor-sharp with a polished edge.
- Straight American hickory handle, sanded, protected with linseed oil and engraved with the HB logo.
- Each axe comes with a premium leather sheath, shipped with a storage box and detailed user’s manual.