Escapist Tarp - Large
1 in stock. Ships fast!
The Escapist™ Tarp Shelter is a technical but versatile ultralight tarp shelter for minimalist camping adventures. The Escapist™ has eight super strong hypalon tie-out points that have cord adjusters attached, so you can adjust them while you are under the shelter of the tarp. Tie-outs are die-cut and circular bartacked to hold the tip of a trekking pole for easy setup. These versatile points help the Escapist Tarp achieve a wide variety of setup options and also attach easily to the Escapist Bug Tent, sold separately.
- Ultralight and compact
- Made from tape seam-sealed waterproof 15 denier Ultra-Sil™ Nano™ nylon
- Eight hypalon and bar-tack reinforced tie-out points
- Reinforced corners with cord lock and guy lines (which can be adjusted from under the tarp)
- Color-coded guylines on the apex, corners and midpoints simplify pitching.
- Tarp can be pitched in a variety of configurations using trees or trekking poles, and adjusted for extra protection in changing weather conditions
- Both Medium and Large can sleep two people. The Large allows for more headroom and gear storage space.
- The Escapist Bug Tent can be pitched with either size Escapist Tarp but are optimized for use with the Large Escapist Tarp
IS THE ESCAPIST TARP...
- Suitable for bad weather? It can be. The reinforced corners help to spread a wind load, and the ability to pitch one end of the tarp lower (or right down to the ground) allows use in windy and rainy conditions. Skill and experience are key here.
- Compatible with Sea to Summit pyramid mosquito shelters? No – there is no way to secure the apex of these bug shelters to the tarp. However, the bug tent is designed to easily attach to the Escapist to form a perfect ultralight shelter for buggy conditions.
- Suitable for bikepacking? Possibly. You can flip over a mountain bike and pitch the apex over one fork stanchion to form a basic shelter (with a low apex height and obscured access to the entrance). It’s certainly an option for minimalists.
BEST USE Ultralight Backpacking, Shade
MATERIAL(S) 15 denier Ultra-Sil Nano
LARGE (10' X 10')
DIMENSIONS 10' x 10' / 3 x 3 m
WEIGHT 15.5 oz / 440g