A versatile hunting backpack for multi-day treks into the wilds, featuring both a large main packsack and a removable lid with zippered pockets.
The King of bivy hunting backpacks.
The upgraded METCALF is a versatile workhorse with enough volume for a week in the field but compressible enough for an afternoon stalk. Built onto our Guide Light MT™ Frame, the METCALF has ample heavyweight capacity, and the OVERLOAD® feature keeps bag contents clean when packing out game. With a detachable lid, dual stretch-woven side pockets and full-length side zip access, this pack is a favorite among hunters looking for versatility and all-around utility.
- The new GUIDE LIGHT MT™ FRAME (Mystery Tech) continues the load carriage tradition of the tried- and-true Guide Light Frame™ and its rigid yet dynamic frame system, but with a few discrete changes. Utilizing custom-developed SJ Autolock buckles throughout, this new hardware collection provides the perfect blend of strength and weight. The 500D Light Plus fabric delivers high tensile and tear resistance, key characteristics for a robust, purpose-driven hunting frame.
Guide Light MT Frame
- The five-point waist belt incorporates the highly functional Redirect system and delivers solid weight distribution and eliminates slippage over your hips, regardless of the load.
- OVERLOAD® feature provides functional expandability via a load sling between the pack and the frame, allowing you to put the bulk of the weight closest to your back for optimal comfort.
- The patented Futura Yoke easily micro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
- Removable lid with zippered pockets
- Autolock buckles prevent slippage
- Interior Removable Quick Attach Zoid Bag attachment points (Zoid Bag sold separately)
- Bottom, front and side compression straps
- Top-loading shroud
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Quick attach frame cap hardware provides easier OVERLOAD™ feature conversion
- Side zip for easy access to main bag
- Bow and rifle carry via compression straps
- Side water bottle, rifle or tripod pockets
- 500D LP CORDURA® & 500D CORDURA® (Subalpine)
- YKK® coated zippers for durability and water protection
- Autolock SJ buckles on compression straps